Friday, November 23, 2007

Running Into Things At Gottschalks

I got up this morning before 5 am. It was 4:30, in fact, when I rolled out of bed and got dressed. And I was probably the last person to get up. We were at Kohl's by 5:30, ready to shop. (This is an unusual state for me to be in.)
Jason and I scored an Aerobed for 55% off, to replace the guest bed that takes up so much room year-round. Jason stocked up on jeans for $11 a pair, and got some sweaters for the same price. (His new job is much more casual, so clothes like this will be very useful.) I bought a fabulous $250 leather jacket for $70 (Good timing, because my previous jacket broke on the way home from the store.) And I also got a set of velour lounge pants and a hoodie, my official self-reward for studying a few weeks ago when I wanted to do anything else.
We finished at Kohl's by 7, and then went to Target, Costco, Game Stop, and by 10:00, we were ready for lunch. We stopped at a Mexican place in Modesto called El Rosal, and I got this yummy layered quesadilla/chile rellenos thing.
Then we went to Rite Aid. And after that Gottschalks. By this time I was getting pretty tired--it was only 12:30, and I had already been up 8 hours. I was bumping into displays like a slowmoving zombie, and my reaction time was such that when I bounced off people, they were gone before I could get together an "excuse me". Pretty sad. Jason eventually started steering me around the tables stacked with merchandise for my own good.
After that we went home, where I spotted a newspaper article I was really interested in reading, so I lay down on the floor to read, but despite my interest, I could not even stay awake through a paragraph. I went and took a nap, and was out cold from 1:00-3:30. It's nice to feel human again.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Yeah for great deals! The aerobed sounds like a great investment!

You guys are fabulous at getting good deals. Did Jason get the jeans at $11 a pair by telling the cashier she was "insulting" him with the actual ticket price? Seemed to work for him before...

Can't wait to see what you got!

schester said...

That was awesome - just what I needed to get me going this morning! Thanks for a good laugh Allison. I suggest you get more sleep in the future, or don't go shopping so early in the morning.