Thursday, November 22, 2007

A Late Thanksgiving Night

It is late in the evening on Thanksgiving. Late being after 9 pm, on a night when we will be leaving the house at 5 am. Yes, welcome to Black Friday preparations. While we were waiting for the turkey to cook, Jason's sisters, niece, mother and I ripped apart the ads section of the newspaper for deals. Mervyn's has men's sweaters Buy One, Get 2 Free! Amazing.There are also really good deals on things we were planning to buy eventually anyway, like an Aerobed for our guestroom. This is pretty fun, despite the vague feeling that we are involved in a military campaign.
After a yummy dinner at Jason's sister Jeanne's house, we introduced the Brown family to Apples to Apples. It's a really fun game that the Ogdens play whenever our family gets together. Although some people were reluctant at first, we eventually got everyone to join in.
I'll update you all later on how my 5 am shopping debut goes.
Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Lesley said...

How could Apples to Apples be an Ogden family tradition if I have never played it? I am an important Ogden.