

Jason's friend Michael Griego is up here for a few days. Some of you may remember him from our wedding reception, he was one of Jason's groomsmen. He and Jason had lunch together today, and we're hoping to convince Michael to come over later this week for dinner. Jason and I consulted, and since it is a special occasion, we might just have homemade pesto served over gnocci. We made a batch of this pesto a while back, and it was sooo good. Almost as good as the pesto Jason and I had at Chiak when we were in Italy. It is heavy on the garlic.
The pesto recipe is now posted at allisonsrecipes.blogspot.com as Milanese Pesto
4 comments:
Please compose an Ode to Chiak. I loved that place. I do not, however, love gnocci.
You don't know gnocci. I will make it for you when you come up here. You will love it, I promise. :)
P.S. I am off school for almost a month--Dec. 14 to Jan. 14--so we will have plenty of time to hang out when you are here.
Hey, I do not know about the rest of you but I have traveled the world ten times over. I have even lived in Rome for a short period of time. The one thing I will say is that Allison’s gnocchi kicks ass. Actually Jason made the gnocchi but Allison made the pesto, and yes the pesto is what definitely made the meal. I ate until I could not eat any more. We had to take a breather and tell some great stories to work off some calories. After I felt I could handle more food I ate again. We had a blast – yes Jason I will tell the Mr. Penfold story all in due course. Any way bottom line is, do not mess with Allison’s pesto and gnocchi! I like it and that is all that matters.
By the way this is Michael Griego himself AKA Hollywood!
Post a Comment