I posted this recipe because a few people have asked for it. It makes a really great apple pie, and is fairly easy. Between Jason and I, we have probably made 10 of these pies in the last 4 months.
1 ready to bake pie crust
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
6 cups cored, peeled and thinly sliced tart baking apples (approx. 4-5 med. sized apples)
1 cup flour (we have found that King Arthur's White Whole Wheat is actually the best.)
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup butter or margarine, room temperature
Bring the pie crust to room temperature, and prepare as directed on the box for a single crust filled pie. (Really, just unfold the crust in a pie pan. Easy.) Preheat the oven to 350* F. Mix sugar, starch, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt into a large bowl. Stir in sliced apples. Dump apple mixture into prepared crust. To prepare the crumb topping, mix together flour and brown sugar. Blend in the butter or margarine until crumbly. Sprinkle crumb topping over pie. Bake pie on a sheet pan for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
This is an especially great recipe if you happen to know someone with a surplus of apples, as we do. That makes it really cheap to make!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Allison!
Is this the apple pie that you sent Dan and I home with from your Halloween party? If it is or if it's not...That pie was fantastic! We ate it in 2 days :)
So, I am glad that you invited us to your blog!
Dan and I just signed-up for one. We haven't posted anything yet, however, now from your example...we are excited to get posting!
When I post, I will invite you guys to check it out!
-Whitney
Yes, that pie was made from this recipe. I'm glad you liked it!
I just posted this on Telestial Kitchen. What is your new gmail email address? I will reinvite you to post on TK if you send me your address.
Post a Comment