... Or at least livable.
I have been breaking my back working on the house. This weekend we put in sheet rock. With the help of my father-in-law Jim we put in the ceiling in the kitchen. We also started on the kitchen walls. Naturally the kitchen has a lot of outlets and pipes and stuff like that so it makes the sheet rock very slow going.
Then we also decided to put in tile around the entire kitchen, so there is an 18" stripe of Hardibacker board that goes around the entire room. This stuff is hard and heavy to work with. And wouldn't you know it - most of the outlets fall in this "stripe" of pain.
I also moved the door from the garage to the kitchen yesterday. We just need to buy a new fire door and frame it in. I already built the wall out.
Things are progressing - I am going to work every night this week on it so we can get it inspected and then get our cabinets in.
I have some pictures, I'll edit those in later.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment