Sunday, July 6, 2008

Allison's 26th Birthday

Boy, am I behind.
Okay, for my birthday this year, instead of having a traditional birthday party, I went backpacking. This was in part because the first date I could get reservations for Point Reyes was the week of my birthday. It was also because I signed up for a 6 week summer chemistry course. What a mistake that was. The class almost killed me! I studied night and day the entire 6 weeks, and barely passed the class. But I did pass, and that's the most important part of the whole fiasco. But anyway, it meant that I did not have time to plan a get together aside from the trip I had already scheduled.
On the backpacking trip were 3 good friends of mine: my mom, Janet Nelson, and Whitney Peterson Lynch. We had a blast, and my mom and Janet somehow sneaked a cake up too, so they all sang to me and had me blow out the candles on the cake---the whole nine yards. It was a blast.
I don't have any pictures myself, but I'm hoping to be given copies by my fellow hikers. Anyone hear that?

No comments: